I’m a film director based in London. I make documentaries that tell human stories, real and emotional, about underrepresented communities. My films explore issues around identity, gender, youth culture and social justice. I combine my journalistic background with a raw, intimate and cinematic approach.
Walk With Me
Conde Nast traveller Spain, Stills for Datta featured
Purple Magazine, travel diary: A trip to Formentera
Girl Gaze, features my personal film On Womanhood
Girls in Film, features my personal film On Womanhood
Heroine Journal, features my personal film Mixed Feelins
Dochouse, feature on Guardian documentary “After Windrush”
Cultura inquieta, feature on EQUILIBRIO piece, produced by ElAmor x El Prado museum
Museo el Prado, feature on EQUILIBRIO piece, produced by ElAmor x El Prado museum
· Dones Visuals (2020) Selected for the three-day film lab ‘Acció curts’ for female directors with the documentary CARMEN: No fear of freedom (currently in pre-production)
· Leipzig Dok Fest (2019) Selected to pitch at Short n Sweet with the documentary CARMEN: No fear of freedom (currently in pre-production)
· Sheffield Doc Fest (2018) Retrospective on my work at the Guardian over the previous five years.
· SIMA AWARDS (2018) finalist on the category IMPACT VIDEO: INNOVATION for “Filipino women smashing the catholic taboos” (The Guardian).
· One World Media Awards (2015) winner for best short film for “I had a miscarriage” (The Guardian).
· British Media Awards (2015) winner of Editorial Campaign of the Years for the Global Media Campaign to End FGM, by The Guardian.